When planning any shoot, I always map it out in my mind and sometimes on paper.
- Have a plan
- Ask yourself questions
- Who or what is your subject
- How many
- What is your subject expecting
There are so many attributes to a successful shoot for me… Lighting being one of the key components in every single shoot produced by me. I have been a professional photographer for twenty-five years and this is always my main thought!
- What is my light source
- In what direction is my light source coming from
- Is it a strong, medium, or soft light
- How will I white balance…? I have come to find, white balance can be very much a preference
- Do I use only one light source or many
Lighting your subject is super important and powerful… light is photography!